Like all AKAM Living Services companies, the corporate philosophy of AKAM Associates, Inc. is driven by a commitment to service and supported by a team approach that provides expertise in every aspect of property management.
AKAM Associates is proud to manage many of the New York metropolitan area's most impressive residences. Our philosophy calls for the delivery of exceptional management services to every client property, every day of the year.
At AKAM Associates, we are committed to constant investment and reinvestment in our professionals and in the technologies that help us work better and faster. For our professionals, we support an ongoing comprehensive, proprietary program of continuing professional education. We encourage every AKAM Associates team member to deliver superior service at all times, and we actively promote from within. Our investment in technology supports our professionals and includes advanced communications and telecommunications, faster computers, and specialized software, all of which allow AKAM Associates to provide exacting reportage, prompt response, and exceptional service to each of our valued clients.
Every AKAM Associates Management Executive is expected to be fully knowledgeable in the areas of residential management financial analysis and oversight, building structural and mechanical elements, interpersonal communications, and solution development and implementation. Working in concert with our client Boards, AKAM Management Executive are responsible for every aspect of each client property's operation. These responsibilities include:
- Coordination with our Accounting Department and Financial Analysts on the preparation, mailing, and collection of monthly maintenance, common charge, and rent bills; payment of all vendor and contractor invoices; handling of employee payroll and taxes, and mortgage payments and payment of real estate taxes; and preparation and monthly review of Annual Budgets
- Building staff supervision, including training, Union issues, and ongoing employee performance reviews;
- Attendance at all Board, Annual, Informational, and other meetings, prepared with up-to-the-minute Management and Finance Reports
- Productive professional interaction with the Board and all outside professionals
- Courteous, prompt, and effective response to all shareholder/unit owner/resident communications.